The Independence Day has become a tradition at Villefranche-sur-Mer. The whole Town is decorated with the Star Spangled Banner! Sport, Jeeps, Pin-ups, Dance and Music marked the rythm of this beautiful day with U.S. colors!
Watch the video clip of the talented Lucas Bosc, student at ESRA Côte d’Azur : 4th July 2018 – Independence Day – Villefranche-sur-Mer
Here is the program of this exceptional day:
Sport for all, dance, music along U.S. lines, these are the key words for this event linking Villefranche to American culture.
To celebrate the American National Day, VILLEFRANCHE will be covered in the colors of Franco-American friendship… All our partner shops, restaurants and bars will be adorned with the star-spangled banner!
10.00am – 6.00 pm: Spotlight on American Sport at the BONIFACI STADIUM
- BASKETBALL & HANDI-BASKET, FITNESS & HANDI-FITNESS, AMERICAN FOOTBALL, SOFTBALL… Introductions, demonstrations, challenges, matches. Many prizes to be won!
- SNACK BAR will prepare american food: hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and french fries…
- POM-POM GIRLS competition open to girls from 12 years of age… Great prizes to be won!
10h00 – 12h00 / 15h30 – 17h30 : Discover legendary vehicles
JEEPS will drive through the Town with beautiful pin-ups on board them
6.00pm – 11.30pm: American Dance and Music on the Amelie Pollonais square,
in the Old Town and on the Quai Courbet!
- 18H00 – 18H30 : So Nice Pin-Up SHOW!
- 18H30 – 20H00: demonstration and introduction of Country and rock’n roll dances
- 20H00 – 21H30: Harmonie Fanfare de la Jeunesse Niçoise jazz/swing – Follow the Marching Band in the Old Town
- 21H – 23H30 : Place Amélie Pollonais : Boogie Concert – Trio Paul MacMannus and the Old Timers